With nearly 40 million people the world over suffering from sinusitis, finding a sinus cure has become a challenge for everyone in the field of medicine. The symptoms of them are rather frustrating and debilitating. A runny nose, headache, chronic fatigue are some of them. As if these are not bad enough, asthma and halitosis make things worse. If left untreated they lead to lung disease and meningitis. But not everything is bad for those suffering from sinus problems. With the right sinus cure, you can not only alleviate the symptoms but permanently reverse the condition. The remedy has certainly not come in a single day but has taken years and years of dedicated research on the part of medical professionals to find a cure that really works.
The Ultimate Sinus Cure
Those searching for a quick way out may be in for a disappointment. The sinus cure that doctors have found is not a pop-a-pill kind of cure but various ways in which to minimize the symptomatic discomfort caused by the clutches of sinusitis permanently.
1. Using age-old tried and tested healing options like homeopathy and Ayurveda (herbal medicine).
2. Practicing ancient art of Yoga and Tai Chi Chuan to strengthen the immune system.
3. Recognizing trouble trigger foods and soothing agents and using them optimally.
4. Reducing inflammation and swelling using natural and nutritional supplements.
5. Using nasal irrigation methods like neti pot.
Homeopathic doctors believe that sickness manifests differently in individuals and hence medications are prescribed based on individual symptoms instead of the condition itself. Some of the homeopathic medicines prescribed for sinus cure include the following:
1. Kali Bich (or Kali Bik as it is pronounced as) helps clean the tough and sticky yellow-green mucus that blocks the sinus passage.
2. Silicea is believed to have excellent cleaning effects and regular usage of this helps clean the body of various foreign substances that cause sinusitis.
3. Lycopodium is an excellent reliever for headaches. This homeopathic medicine helps relieve various types of headaches including those that are not caused by sinusitis. Sinus headache symptoms can be treated with this medicine.
Pulsatilla is very effective in restoring the sense of smell and taste that sinus attacks could affect.
Exercises such as Yoga and Tai Chi Chuan help boost the immune system.
The essence of these ancient techniques is based on proper breathing. Practicing Pranayama (breathing exercises) daily helps strengthen the lungs. Similarly, the reverse breathing exercise and “wake up” exercises practiced in Tai Chi Chuan are known to provide great relief and with regular practice, it could even turn out to be a permanent sinus cure.
It is common knowledge that people suffering from sinusitis should avoid cold foods as they could aggravate conditions like asthma. But there are also foods that help soothe the nerves and provide strength to the lungs and its tissues. The foods to avoid are yogurt, banana, cold water, ghee, oil and other sour things. Foods that strengthen lungs include nuts like almonds, walnuts and pecans, selenium rich foods like liver, whole wheat flour, berries like raspberries and blackberries.