Do you have rashes on some parts of your body?
Do you have difficulty in breathing?
Do you have varying degrees of swelling?
You may be having allergy symptoms.
Allergy is defined as the abnormal sensitivity to substances that causes the person's immune system to react. Some allergic stimuli are: foods, drugs, pets, microorganisms, environmental irritants and more.
There are various types of allergies triggered by different allergens, and different treatments are often needed that may cut a big chunk out of the budget. However, there are natural allergy treatment options available that can even be found at home without costing you that much.
Below are some examples …
More Tips for Natural Allergy Treatments:
• Honey – this is one of the known effective remedies for allergies. Local raw honey is preferred since they contain pollen that prevails allergic reaction by strengthening the immune system. You can swallow two teaspoons of honey each morning, or you can add one teaspoon of pure honey into a glass of lemon juice as a daily drink for about a month.
• Ginger – this culinary spice shows many health benefits such as: antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, and anti-viral which helps in treating high blood pressure, nausea, fever, cold and more. Ginger also acts as anti-histamine in remedy for allergies. You may have ginger as tea by peeling and chopping inch inch of fresh ginger and boil it into 1.5 cup of water in a saucepan. Strain the liquid into a mug and drink.
• Quercetin – this is an antioxidant that is found in foods like tea, berries and pineapple. It follows the release of histamine which reduces allergic symptoms. Quercetin capsules are available at health food stores.
• Green Tea – green tea contains anti-histamine that reduces overproduction of inflammatory substances. You may have one to two cups of green tea mixed with honey daily for allergy relief.
• Nasal Spray – you can use a saline nasal spray by mixing 1 teaspoon of salt into 8 oz. of water, using a medicine dropper, you can rinse irritants in your nasal passage. This is one of the best reliefs from pollen allergies.
• Butterbur – this is an herb used as treatment for allergies. Butterbur is said to contain petasin which helps fight off histamines for people with allergic rhinitis. Butterbur tablets are available in the market, but the plant extract is not recommended since it contains toxic chemicals.
There are many other cures for allergies side of the ones mentioned above. Complete rest and proper amount of water intake is also recommended to keep your body hydrated for fast recovery. Following the remedies mentioned above may help in treating the problem. However, it should always be a priority to consult your physician before trying anything.